Physiotherapy can be of great importance at this challenging time.
Breast cancer rehab is an important part of recovery as surgery and radiotherapy can cause a lot of tightness and pain around the surgical wound and you may have difficulty with flexibility and stiffness in your shoulder and back. Lifting up your arm or even taking a deep breath may be challenging. Physiotherapy is often necessary to fully recover from these procedures. We receive referrals from G.P.s and consultants but you can just book an appointment as you do not need a referral to attend for treatment
Lesley Lowe is our Pink Ribbon physiotherapist and she is trained to deal with all aspects of physiotherapy for breast cancer rehab. She uses gentle soft tissue massage, myofascial release techniques and exercise therapy and will give you valuable advice to help you make a full recovery.
- improve your shoulder movement and function
- reduce post-operative tenderness and hypersensitivity around the scar
- help prevent swelling in the arm and hand (lymphoedema)
- relieve rib, chest and upper back pain and stiffness
- guide you in regaining your strength and full function
- give advice and education on managing your symptoms
We also have strengthening classes (Stronger for Longer and Pilates) to help get you stronger and back to full activity. If you think you could benefit from breast cancer rehab, book an appointment to see Lesley Lowe.